St John of Nepomuk, Entrance of the Church of the Most Holy Trinity, Spálená Street

This Baroque sculptural group of St John of Nepomuk with angels, completed by an anonymous artist in 1717, is set within a Cubist-style niche dating from 1913, in a narrow lane between the Church of the Most Holy Trinity and Diamant House in Spálená Street. In 2018 the Prague City Council passed on the keeping of this heritage item to the jurisdiction of Prague City Gallery which in its turn had the statues, which were in a poor condition, de-installed from the pedestal and transported to its own repository. Restoration of the sculptural group began in early August 2019. The ending of restoration works and the return of St John of Nepomuk with Angels to its original site is anticipated in the autumn of 2020.